The French Fumed Oak Flooring is one of the most unique, attention-grabbing flooring products available at Majestic North Floors Inc.
Dark wooden flooring is an extremely popular choice in both modern and traditional interiors. A rich, chocolate colour and oiled finish give this Fumed Oak its captivating appearance. French Dark Brown or Black Fumed Oak flooring can be floated, glued or nailed down.
The look of the Fumed Oak Flooring variety is just one of its great qualities - it is also one of the most durable woods we carry. One major advantage of engineered boards is the ability to deal with extreme and unstable conditions. Fumed Oak Flooring is perfect for residential and commercial purposes.
The warmth and beauty of real wood, combined with the oils, that's how we make wood floors with stunning results.
Fuming involves putting the oak into an enclosed environment in which ammonia is introduced into the atmosphere. The ammonia makes the tannins in the wood come to the surface, in turn darkening the colour of the wood. Changing the chemistry of the timber's own pigments assures that the colour is never going to fade.
Product available in:
• Natural Dark Brown
• Natural Black
• Herringbone 5/8"x5"x20"
• Custom stain
• Wire brushed
Thickness 5/8" or 3/4"
• Marine grade Baltic Birch substrate - provides enhanced moisture resistance and greater dimensional stability than traditional substrates
• Oil or hard wax finish products can be refinished without resanding
• Limited lifetime structural 20 year warranty
• Hardness 1360 in Janka scale
• Colour is clear through a wear layer, not just surface applied
• Tongue and grooved all four sides, not just the sides
• Oil or hard wax finish is great for large areas and makes removal of scratches simple
• Created specifically to meet the demands of high traffic interiors
Engineered French Fumed Oak
• Width: 5", 7"
• Length: random, up to 7'
• Thickness: 15mm
• Top Lamell: 4mm
• Hardness: 1360 (Janka)
• Milling: 4-side T&G, micro bevel
• Grade: select & better, character
• Adhesive: VOC free
• Core: marine grade Baltic Birch plywood
• Finish: natural oil (commercial,
residential) VOC free
Hard wax oil (commercial, residential)
• Sheen: matte
• Warranty: limited lifetime structural
• Installation: glue, or nail, or float
Located at 131 Commerce Park Drive,
Units F & G, Barrie, Ontario L4N 8X1 Canada